Linking error while compiling Mapserver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sat Sep 17 09:49:14 EDT 2005

On 9/17/05, Aniruddha S. Khadkikar <as.khadkikar at ncl.res.in> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am getting a linking error while compiling either gdal or mapserver. I
> am working with visual c++ 6 standard edition. I have gone though the
> entire makefile.vc as well as checked the configuration for nmake.opt
> but am unable to understand where the problem lies.
> The error comes at the end phase of compiling at which it gives the
> message: cannot find "C:\Program.obj".

Aniruddha,

I would guess that you have a problem quote a path with a space
in it.  Are you building stuff under "C:\Program Files"?  I would strongly
advice you to put everything you can into a directory for which the
path above it has no space.  If you don't want to do that, then you may
need to fiddle in the various makefiles with adding quoting around paths.

Best regards,