ECW works on one machine, not on other

Olivier Gayte olivier.gayte at VEREMES.COM
Wed Sep 21 02:48:42 EDT 2005

We had a similar problem yesterday, not with ECW but with OVF (handle by
gdal in both case).

We just replace the gdal12.dll file from the "good" machine to the "bad"
machine and now all work fine.

The 2 dll have the same version number and size but the date is different
and they come from a different distribution.

Regards

Olivier

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:39:07 +0800, Jacob Delfos
<jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM> wrote:

>Hi List,
>
>I'm moving a mapserver site from one machine to another, and even though
I'm using the same mapserver and gdal files, and a similar setup, I get
fatal crashes as soon as there is an ECW in the view. Without ECW it's
fine. This occurs in php_mapscript, but also in shp2img. It happens in
version 4.4.2 and 4.6.1 (from mapserver homepage), which seem to use the
same GDAL. I don't have multiple conflicting versions of DLL's in my
system path.

>The pc on which it all works fine is Windows XP SP2. The ones on which it
crashes are Windows XP SP1 and Windows 2000 SP4. There must be
dependencies for ECW support which differ between different OS. What could
those be? I have tried copying msvcrt.dll and gdi.dll, but to no avail.
Strangely enough, when viewed with explorer, the map image (with ECW) does
show up after the PHP fatal crash.

>The dependency walker doesn't report errors. Could this have to do with
the other ECW issues mentioned on the GDAL list?