Layer, Type CIRCLE

Gustavo Henrique Sberze Ribas gribas at CPQD.COM.BR
Wed Sep 21 08:17:36 EDT 2005

> I am using a postgis database. How can I show circles ??? I
> need to know how to store them in the database and what the
> mapfile should look like.

 You can use the buffer() function to create circles in PostGIS: buffer(<center>,<radius>).
Ex:
	select buffer('POINT(0 0)',100);                // circle as a POLYGON
      select exteriorRing(buffer('POINT(0 0)',100));  // circle as a LINESTRING

  You can store then as Polygons or Linestrings.

 http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2512325

--
Gustavo