Point on top of label

Kumar kumar at NEWFIELDS.COM
Wed Sep 21 20:57:03 EDT 2005

Got it working.

Thanks for the help.

- kumar

  _____

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Matthew Perry
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:55 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Point on top of label

Kumar,

On 9/21/05, Kumar <kumar at newfields.com> wrote:

I have 2 layers, one is a polygon layer and the other is a centroid of the
polygon. When I draw the polygon layer and label it, it overlaps the
centroid symbol and blocks it. Is there a way in mapfile, that I can specify

the centroid layer to be drawn on top of the label. Or make it detect the
layer and move the label accordingly??.

The default behavior is to cache all the labels and draw them on top after
all layers are rendered.  You can use LABELCACHE OFF to draw the labels with
the layer so that any layers after it are drawn on top:

from the docs:
-------------------
LABELCACHE [on|off]

Specifies whether labels should be drawn as the features for this layer are
drawn, or whether they should be cached and drawn after all layers have been
drawn. Default is on. Label overlap removal, auto placement etc... are only
available when the label cache is active.

 Of course that last line about no overlap removal might make the results
kind of messy but it's worth a shot.

--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com