GIF labeling

Thu Sep 22 12:41:10 EDT 2005

Sure they can. Use an annotation layer. Here's a snippet from our rec compass
mapfile, specifically the county highway shields:

  LAYER
    NAME road_counln3_anno
    MAXSCALE 200000
    STATUS DEFAULT
    DATA 'data/gen/state/mn/road_counln3'
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    LABELITEM 'road_num'
    CLASS
      COLOR 0 0 0 # dummy color
      SYMBOL '/usr/local/mapserver/symbols/ctyhwy.png'
      LABEL
        MINFEATURESIZE 50
        MINDISTANCE 150
        SIZE TINY
        COLOR 0 0 0
	PARTIALS FALSE
      END
    END
  END

You cannot draw the line, the shield and the number at the same time though.

Steve

>>> Kumar <kumar at NEWFIELDS.COM> 09/22/05 9:49 AM >>>
That would just give me the symbol with the shield without line symbol. I
need the symbol as a line and the label with shield.

I was wondering if labels can be overlapped using GIF image and label.

- kumar