Displacement from coordinates

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Sep 23 19:38:54 EDT 2005

Nuri -

I agree with Steve - how exactly did you convert your GPS coordinates to
UTM coordinates?  What datum did you use, and what datum does the rest
of the map use?

If you can give us a sample of the "GPS coordinates" and the UTM output,
we can check the conversion.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Steve Lime
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 3:58 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Displacement from coordinates

I doubt it's a mapserver problem, most likely a problem the conversion
some place, or in the georeferencing of the map.

Steve

>>> SUBSCRIBE MAPSERVER-USERS Nuri <mapserver at HOTMAIL.COM> 09/23/05 7:55

>>> AM >>>
Hi,

I created my own map and I inserted my coodinates. First of all I
translated my GPS coordinates to UTM coordinates and then to pixels to
insert it in a data base to place several symbols in my my.

Al symbols have a displacement. As you can see in
www.nusvirtual.com/selectiva (click link to see de map) small yellow
rectangles are in the correct position but blue symbols are the
displaced ones.

UTM coordinates are completely correct, I placed it manually over the
map but when mapserver place them they are incorrect.

Someone could indicate me why appears this displacement?

Thank you.

Nuri