WMS, convert GetCapabilites XML to Map Context XML

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Sat Sep 24 08:48:09 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

MapScript offers the nice functionality to add WMS layers via a Map
Context XML file.

I would like to convert the XML received from a GetCapabilites request
into a Map Context XML document and load this Map Context XML file as
layers into the map object. I think XSL transformation could be a good
solution to do this conversion. Has anybody already worked on an XSLT
template to convert the GetCapabilites XML into a Map Context XML document?

Armin