Connection to a msSQL server

Matthew Edmondson matt0177 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 24 13:08:18 EDT 2005

I'm running Mapserver 4.6 with Chameleon and to this point only utilizing
local shapefiles. I'm now going to be required to pull data from a msSQL
table with lat and long points stored. I have a couple of quick questions.

1: How do I write the connection string to a msSQL db.

2: What format does the geo data need to be in the table. Currently, the
lat/long is in decimal degrees in 2 different columns, is that appropriate,
if not, what format does it need to be in.

Thanks,

Matt