Generating Legend Image with Python Mapscript

William Hudspeth bhudspeth at EDAC.UNM.EDU
Tue Sep 27 11:07:37 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to insert a legend image into a dynamically generated PDF
file. Using the mapObj.drawLegend() method, I can easily accomplish
this, but can't do much about the appearance of the legend. I would like
to have more control over the font properties, etc., and have tried
using the mapObj.legend.label settings, but haven't figured out how to
export out an independent image. I would appreciate any suggestions on
how I might generate a legend image over which I have some more control
with regard to fonts.

Thanks, Bill