Generating Legend Image with Python Mapscript

Tamas Szekeres szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU
Tue Sep 27 18:44:55 EDT 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:32:46 -0500, Tamas Szekeres
<szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:16:23 -0600, Sean Gillies <sgillies at FRII.COM>
wrote:

>>On Sep 27, 2005, at 4:05 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:

>>> Sean,
>>>
>>> How can I create an empty imageObj with a certain background color in
>>> order to pass to classObj.drawLegendIcon() as a parameter?
>>>

>>> Tamas Szekeres
>>>

>>Tamas,
>>
>>My earlier suggestion was slightly off. classObj.createLegendIcon()
>>will create an icon for the class, using the map's legend.imagecolor as
>>the background color.
>>
>>Sean
>

>Sean,
>
>It would be desirable to set the legend key image size smaller than the
>legend image, otherwise some of the images will be clipped (eg thick
>lines). classObj.createLegendIcon() does not support this separation.
>

>Tamas Szekeres

This problem could be solved by creating the an imageObj with an empty
classObj using classObj.createLegendIcon(), and calling drawLegendIcon of
the layer's class with this previously created image and smaller size. But
it seems to be a hack.

Tamas Szekeres