Itemquery

Xin crazygecko at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 28 04:41:46 EDT 2005

Hi,

Test suite
<http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/tests46/itemquery/test.html>
used to have a great example on itemquery, but it doesn't seem to work
anymore.

Here's my understanding of what you need to do.

Have QUERYMAP defined in your mapfile:
QUERYMAP
STATUS ON
STYLE HILITE
COLOR 255 255 0
END

Pass qlayer parameter with layer wanting to query. i.e. <input type=hidden
name=qlayer value=mylayer> or &qlayer=mylayer
Set qitem to attribute of qlayer wanting to query, and then set qstring to
value wanting to match.
i.e. &qlayer=mylayer&qitem=name&qstring=MatchName

You can optionally leave out qitem, and use qstring like this:
qstring=('[name]' = 'MatchName').

Hope this helps.

Xin