Mapserver/PostgreSQL/PostGIS Upgrades on Linux system

Shanti P. transversemercator at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 29 17:30:00 EDT 2005

We are currently running:  MapServer 4.2.5, PostgreSQL 7.4.3, PostGIS
0.8.2, PHP/MapScript 4.3.7 and Apache 1.3 on Linux Red Hat 2.6.5. We need
to permorm upgrades on all applications -- does anyone have
recommendations as far as order of upgrades, or links to sites outlining
upgrade procedures in more detail? We've looked at Refractions, PostgreSQL
sites etc. and have ideas for individual upgrades but if anyone has any
specific suggestions or problems to look out for we'd appreciate it.