rows per strip in TIFF rasterfiles

Manfred Zerndl manfred.zerndl at BVV.BAYERN.DE
Fri Sep 30 07:58:03 EDT 2005

With the TIFF-dataformat you can set "rows per strip" (rps) to a
user-defined value.
(1) What is better, setting "rps" to a small value, maybe 1 or a big
value ?  Or is irrelevant for the performance?

When I have a TIFF-File with  20 000 x 20 000 Pixels, I think mapserver
should be faster
when the tiff-files have a small rps-value.

(2) Do I need special generated TIFF files, so that mapserver
is able to load a small section from a big TIFF-File?

Regards,
Manfred