Free Canadian Roadmap Data

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Sep 30 12:12:00 EDT 2005

Frank,

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> A set of national roadmap data has been made available for free
> here in Canada.   It is roughly of similar quality to TIGER/Line in the USA.

> I see after digging a bit that there was already roadmap data available
> at http://geobase.ca/, and I am not clear on how this new data release
> relates to that.

Note GeoBase contains no address / street name information so this is a
very big step forward in terms of getting generally useful free
geographic data in Canada.

My understanding is that there is a general effort to bring the geobase
road data and the stats can road data together heading towards the 2011
Census.

Dave
--
Dave McIlhagga