Map Rendering Toolkits?

Bruce, Bob (CON) BBruce at GOV.MB.CA
Wed Aug 9 19:14:00 EDT 2006

Hi:
    this is not a MapServer question [sorry] but I was hoping that
someone might know of a toolkit and could make suggestions.

   I am working with someone to migrate a Cadastral Mapping application
from Visual C++ 6.0 into C# with Net 2.0 with the eventual goal of
turning it into an open source and free application. We are looking for
a map rendering toolkit to use with C# that is open source. Would anyone
have any suggestions of a development tool to use?

thanks,
       Bob Bruce