Cascading WMS-T

Tim Schaub noreply at GEOCARTIC.COM
Sat Dec 2 16:25:03 EST 2006

> > If I don't have a "wms_timeitem" in the layer metadata, a
> request is
> > made to the source WMS - but it doesn't include the TIME parameter.
>
> I wasn't aware of the wms_timeitem metadata, so when I set up
> my cascading wms-t, I simply used variable substitution in my
> mapfile. Basically, I just added "TIME=%TIME%&" to the
> connectionstring.

Thanks Trond.

This works well if I want to require a TIME parameter.  I'd like to be able
to respond to requests with or without the TIME parameter (since it is
optional even if advertised as a dimension).

If there's not another solution, I'll code something to modify the
connection string if the TIME parameter is sent.  Thanks for the idea.

Perhaps wms_timeitem is not supposed to be used for cascading WMS.

Tim