mapserver with fastcgi support

kris rock kris_rock82 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 4 10:29:50 EST 2006

hello all, sorry for posting this again, but i have been trying a
  lot to get the fastcgi work with Apache 2.0.55 and mapserver 4.8.
  After loading the fastcgi dll and copying the libfcgi.dll and the
  libfcgi.lib files to the cgi-bin directory i tried to change the
  apache configuration file by adding

<Directory "/Apache2/fcgi-bin">
SetHandler fastcgi-script
Options ExecCGI
Allow from all
</Directory>

and copied all the required dll and lib files for fastcgi into
  fcgi-bin directory, but still the SDE database opens a new
  connection for every request, i even added the PROCESSING
  "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER" to all the sde layers.

i couldnt find a way to make it work as there is very little
  information that i could find on the web, any suggestions would
  help a lot ...

Thanks for your time,
kris

kris rock <kris_rock82 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
    Thanks for you reply frank, i added the line to the SDE layers and still it didnt work ...
  i followed your instrcutions for win32 in http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/fastcgi and compiled libfcgi to get the dll and lib files. Copied the dll file to cgi-bin dir and didnt add anything in the apache conf file and still the fastcgi doesnt work.

  After compiling libfcgi do i have to add anything in the apache conf file.

  Thanks for your time ...
  kris

Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
  kris rock wrote:
> Hello all,
> i configured mapserver with fastcgi support on a windows machine
> with apache webserver. Downloaded the mod_fastcgi-2.4.2-AP20.dll from
> fastcgi website and copied into the modules folder in apache. Added the
> following line to the apache conf file
> LoadModule fastcgi_module "modules/mod_fastcgi-2.4.2-AP20.dll"
>
> but this doesnt make fastcgi work with apache and mapserver. I tested
> this by sending a request to the sde server and see if only one
> connection is opened for the database, but everytime i send a request a
> new connection opens and closes as soon as the request is finished.
>
> Is there something else that i have to do for fastcgi working with
> apache and mapserver.

Kris,

You also need to add the following line to all SDE layers.

PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush | President OSGeo, http://osgeo.org

  Sponsored Link

Rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Loan for $1399/mo - Calculate new house payment