error compiling on OpenSUSE 10.1

Thom DeCarlo t.r.decarlo at LARC.NASA.GOV
Mon Dec 4 15:52:06 EST 2006

I seem to be having the same problem that came up back in May. (Jens
Dahnken: compiling error mapserver 4.2 under SLES 9) I didn't find any
resolution in the archive, so maybe he just gave up.

I am compiling mapserver from the current cvs.

When the compile gets to shp2img, I am getting an undefined reference to
'msyylineno' in libmap.a(mapfile.c). The only suggestions I found to solve
the problem was to install flex and bison. I have flex 2.5.31-16 and bison
2.1-11 installed.

The comments in maplexer.c suggest that the test used to figure out if flex
2.5.31 may have problems. Since I am certain that I've got the right version
of bison, should I just force the test to true?

Thom
--
this sig intentionally left blank