need mapserv.exe recompiled with max layers = 500

Ravi ravikapoor101 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 6 00:41:03 EST 2006

Hi,

Can somebody recompile the mapserv.exe with max layers = 500? Or guide
me how to do this? If you want to charge for this kind of service, can
you send me an email telling me how much would you charge?

Yes I have thought about reducing the layers and tried various options
to the best of my knowledge but so far I have not come up with a solution.

If you are curious why I need so many layers or can help me reduce
layers here is what I am doing. This is very confusing...sorry I am
trying my best to explain.

I want to show population density in US using 10 different colors. Hence
I need 10 layers (1 for each color). I am not able to use single layer
as I would need to define 10 classes with different colors. Each class
will select 300 counties using "EXPRESSION" as follows:
EXPRESSION ('[FIPSSTCO]'='21037' or '[FIPSSTCO]'='21125' or.....
Selecting 300 counties like this is VERY slow.

Now we can see entire US map with colors. When the user zooms in, I have
to show same thing using zip codes. Further zooming in shows the data
divided by block groups. Hence total layers = 10x3 = 30.

Now I need to show 8 such parameters (potentially 16). Hence I need
10x3x16 = 480 layers

Thanks for help
Ravi