null values in GML

Wed Dec 6 15:54:56 EST 2006

I guess we need a standard definition of NULL for all drivers then since
I don't believe it's
the same across the board. A mapserver-dev topic. Since we use char *
for all attributes
we could literally use NULL.

Also, often a schema will require an element, what to do with NULLs in
that case?

Steve

>>> "Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)" <bartvde at osgis.nl> 12/6/2006 1:07:55
PM >>>
Hi Steve,

as I understand from previous discussions on wfs-dev, it would be best

for Mapserver to leave out the attribute from the GML response in case

it's null.

For reference, check the threads named "null values" here:

http://mail.opengeospatial.org/pipermail/wfs-dev/2006-October/

although they get a bit hard to understand .... at least for me ....
:-)

Best regards,
Bart

--