tune mapserver on oraclespatial

Sebastian Schmitz sschmitz at KARTAGO.DE
Fri Dec 8 11:31:49 EST 2006

Hi,

We want to evaluate the best approach for tuning MapServer on a large
table (300.000 rows) in Oracle Spatial. Current idea is to create a
partitioned table with each partition having its spatial index. I would
like to know, how CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial handles the extent to
draw when retrieving data from Oracle Spatial. For this, it would help
to see the SQL Mapserver generates and uses when accessing Oracle
Spatial using CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial. How can I do this?

Any hints greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sebastian

--
KARTA.GO Gesellschaft für raumbezogenes Informationsmanagement mbH

Siemensstraße 8
53121 Bonn

Sebastian Schmitz
Projektleiter