tune mapserver on oraclespatial

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at OSGIS.NL
Fri Dec 8 12:54:35 EST 2006

Hi,

to log SQL:

1) build Mapserver in debug mode (check with mapserv -v for MSDEBUG)
2) set DEBUG ON keywords on your MAP and LAYER objects
3) set an environment variable for your webserver, called MS_ERRORFILE,
use for instance stderr so it ends up in Apache's error log. If using
Apache, use SetEnv in the conf file and restart

You can also use shp2img to get the SQL instead of using Mapserver,
check the command line options for how to get debug info.

For the Oracle Mapserver reference:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/oracle_spatial_howto

Best regards,
Bart