how to find bounding county for given long/lat?

Hal Mueller hal at MOBILEGEOGRAPHICS.COM
Wed Dec 13 12:57:07 EST 2006

I believe you need to use getNumResults() on your layer object, and
then iterate from 0 to getNumResults(), calling getResult() each time.

Note also that queryByPoint() does not return the value that you
think it does--see documentation.  You can't use $returnVal the way
you are using it.

Also
$resultCache=$overlayLayer->getResult(returnVal);
will call getResult() every time, because returnVal is not the same
as $returnVal.