get colors from database

Wed Dec 13 15:25:00 EST 2006

You can't populate a color from a DB yet. It's a planned enhancement in
5.0
(see RFC 17) but it has not been implemented yet.

You can do this in MapScript but will have to either:

  - boost the number of classes limit if you really need hundreds
  - draw at the shape level changing the color for each shape

Another thing to check is the autostyling capabilities available via OGR
see if they might be some help.

Steve

>>> Carola Jesch <cjesch at CCT.LSU.EDU> 12/13/06 12:21 PM >>>
Hi,
please help me with the following problem.
I have a polygon layer containing hundreds of features. I would like to
draw
ech feature with a different color like you can do in ArcGIS using the
classification symbolization.
Now, I could add the colors to the dbf file in a seperate row or in a
different file and join it to my layer. But how can I change the layer
style
COLOR to use these stored colors?
Is this possible with MapServer?

Thanks!
Carola

Carola Jesch
Wetland Biogeochemistry Institute
Department of Oceanography and Coastal Science
Louisiana State University
3191 Energy, Coast & Environment Bldg.
Baton Rouge, LA,70803
e-mail: cjesch at cct.lsu.edu