limiting significant digits on labels

Fri Dec 15 15:44:57 EST 2006

Hi Jim: Welcome! MapServer currently can't do the formatting you need
(for labels anyway). It's a planned feature
for 5.0 but that won't help you now. You have a couple of options:

  - create a new column to hold the data exactly as it should appear as
a label (e.g. convert the number to text)
  - if using postgis, there are probably built-in functions to
transform the data before it hits MapServer

Steve

>>> Jim Manning <jmanning at WHSUN1.WH.WHOI.EDU> 12/15/2006 1:15:07 PM

My numeric labels appear as, for example, "5.40000000000". How do I
specify a format so they look like "5.4"?
My first post ever to a listserv.  I hope it is ok.
-JiM.