ArcSDE, FastCGI+IIS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at REFRACTIONS.NET
Wed Dec 20 19:17:05 EST 2006

I am pretty sure FastCGI + Apache is the more-tested combination, so
probably more stable.
Growing processes is Bad News (tm).  Mapserv.exe shouldn't be leaking
but perhaps it is.  As a stopgap, set your fcgi workers to shut down
after 50 or 100 accesses.  That way they shut down cleanly sooner
rather than nastily later.  You'll spawn workers slightly more often,
but the penalty isn't too bad amortized over a few hundred requests.