Serve TIFF through WMS

Steven De Vriendt gisaalter at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 21 06:42:47 EST 2006

Hi,

Thanks to Scott, who helped me quite a bit through this, I now have a
mapfile that
should be suitable for publishing tiff images through WMS. (Thanks again
Scott !)
Can someone have a look at this mapfile, I can't seem to figure out what
causes mapserver
not showing the images when requested through WMS.
Can someone help me figure out what parameters are missing/incomplete....

MAP
  NAME CAMPUS
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 500 500
  SYMBOLSET ../etc/symbols.sym
  EXTENT 77336.359625 189988.500250 90937.297125 201812.968625
  UNITS METERS
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  FONTSET ../etc/fonts.txt
  TRANSPARENT FALSE

IMAGETYPE png256

  WEB
    IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/samples/data/topo"
    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
    METADATA
      "wms_abstract" "Demo for Geotiff"
      "wms_title" "WMS Demo Server"
      "wms_onlineresource"
"http://***********/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/chameleon/samples/map/wmsserver_tiff.map&"
    "wms_srs" "EPSG:31300"

    END
  END

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME GEOTIFF
    DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"
    MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
    IMAGEMODE "PC256"
    EXTENSION "tif"
END

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:31300"
  END

#  LAYER
#    NAME "aerial1"
#    DATA "C:/your tiff file.tif"
#    TYPE RASTER
#    STATUS ON
#  END

# I believe aerial1 would work if you just have one tiff and point it to
that

  LAYER
    NAME "fullimagetiffwoverview"
    TILEINDEX "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/samples/data/topo/shpindex.shp"
    TILEITEM "location"
    TYPE RASTER
    #PROCESSING "DITHER=YES"
    #PROCESSING "BANDS=3,2,1"
    STATUS ON

  END

# fullimagetiffwoverview would work if you point it to your tileindex
shapefile which you would create with gdal

# this is if you have a mosaic of images

END