legend generation

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Dec 21 10:19:55 EST 2006

There may be other things wrong, but for a layer or class to show up in
the legend, that  class needs to have a name.  It appears that neither
of the classes in your layer have names.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Dolf Andringa
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:04 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] legend generation

Hi People,

I don't understand legends I think. I have found the mapfile reference
and mapscript API reference, but can't get this to work.
I have got a map file (see below). When I try to create a legend for it
with the mapserver legend tool, or by using mapscript
(someMapObj.drawLegend().save(filename)), I only get a very small empty
image. The map itself is displayed correctly with blue and red points.
What is needed to create a legend. What am I doing wrong? I don't know
where to look.
Thanks,

Dolf.

EXTENT 132771 447652 134477 451064
   IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
   IMAGETYPE png24
   SYMBOLSET "symbols2.set"
   SIZE 600 1200
   STATUS ON
   UNITS METERS
   NAME "HAGIS map"

   LEGEND
     KEYSIZE 20 10
     LABEL
       SIZE MEDIUM
       TYPE BITMAP
       COLOR 0 0 89
     END
     STATUS ON
   END

   LAYER
     CONNECTION "PG:*****"
     CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
     DATA "promedico_acni_ds.lw"
     DEBUG ON
       METADATA
       END
     NAME "lw"
     SIZEUNITS PIXELS
     STATUS ON
     TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
     TYPE POINT
     UNITS METERS
     CLASS
       EXPRESSION (([HUISNUMMER]^2 <= 4) OR ( [HUISNUMMER]^2=9 ))
       METADATA
       END
       STYLE
         ANGLE 360