Changing Output Projection

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Dec 21 17:34:40 EST 2006

Bill Thoen wrote:
> I'm pulling a polygon layer from Postgis and displaying it in MapServer,
> but I can't seem to change the output projection. The polygon layer's
> native coordinate system is WGS84, and when I check MapServer with th
> e-v switch it says it supports PROJ. The unprojected map displays fine
> if I use decimal degrees, but it seems to be ignoring my PROJECTION
> settings the map file. Can someone tell me what's wrong? Here's the map
> file:

Bill,

I believe the problem is that you are declaring the layer data to be UTM too.
The PROJECTION definition on the layer should be the source coordinate system
while the PROJECTION definition on the map should be the desired output
projection.  So change the layer to

PROJECTION
   "+proj=latlong +datum=WGS84"
END