Mapscript with php as apache module

Rob Cermak cermak at SFOS.UAF.EDU
Mon Dec 25 18:21:39 EST 2006

For Mapserver 4.10 and PHP 5.1.6:

Add this line after all the PHP tests...

     test -f "/usr/include/php/Zend/acconfig.h" &&
PHP_SRC_DIR="/usr/include/php/" &&
PHP_CONFIG_H="/usr/include/php/Zend/acconfig.h"

It is a hack, but it will make the module compile for Apache2/PHP5.  Be
sure to have the php-devel or like package loaded.  Once PHP stops moving
headers around maybe a fix will sneak into the configure script for
Mapserver.  The permutations needed in the last couple updates have been
numerous.

We are using prefork with no problems.

Several versions of Mapserver compiled fine with PHP5 once you find the
correct header files and locations.

Details on our manual installation can be gleemed from here:
  https://db.aoos.org/wiki/index.php/AOOS_Systems_Software

Our base operating system is 32-bit 2007.0 Mandriva

Rob

--
Alaska Ocean Observing System
Database Manager