Reading the Same Selection from PostGIS Twice?

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Dec 28 09:51:48 EST 2006

Bill,

Take a look at the REQUIRES option in the LAYER block of your mapfile.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer

You should be able to set it up so your non-filled polys only show up
when you display the WMS, and the filled poly layer only shows up when
the WMS layer is off.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Bill Thoen
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 5:21 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Reading the Same Selection from
PostGIS Twice?

I want the layers separated because in this situation there's a WMS
orthophoto layer that may appear above the filled polygons and below the

county outlines. Although the performance hit is negligible in this case

(apparently Linux is pretty good about caching), I just wondered if this

could be an issue at times and if there was anything I could do about
it.