Google Earth transparency

Jørn Vegard Røsnes jorn at SPACETEC.NO
Wed Feb 1 06:20:46 EST 2006

Thanks Wim,

this did the trick.
It works if I use gif and annotations/text in grey.
Unfortunately is the text rather unreadable, so I consider using WFS and XSL
for KML translation.

If I use png I get an error message in Google Earth "Unsupported image
format".
This could be related to the poor graphics card in my notebook, ref.
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/101072/Main/98160
I'll try it out with better HW also.

I use Miller projection (epsg:54003) in my shapefiles.

cheers
Joern