line labels

Hudson, Mark (xwave) Mark.Hudson at XWAVE.COM
Wed Feb 1 10:05:41 EST 2006

Hi:

I have a line shapefile consisting of city streets that I am trying to
label based on the attribute of street name.  I can get the labels to
appear but I am wondering how to get them to draw according to the line
angle.  That is, is there a way to get the street name (label) to draw
along side the street (line)?  Just wondering if there is a way to
automatically get the label to draw as same angle of the street as my
streets run at many different angles.....

Code for layer follows:

#layer   ******* Kingston city streets *******

      LAYER

        NAME "StreetOutlines"