MAPSERVER & STYLE OBJECTS

Trond Michelsen trondmm-mapserver at CRUSADERS.NO
Thu Feb 2 16:50:15 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 06:13:35AM -0800, Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) wrote:
> Mapserver only supports the default style, which is the style you define in
> your MAP file using CLASSes.
>
> It has no support for named styles, so if you want multiple styles for a
> layer you need to duplicate your layers (if you do not wish to use SLD).

Hmm. Would it be much work to get mapserver to pass through named
styles to other WMS-servers? I have several WMS-layers in my mapserver
map file, and it's a bit of a pain to create a separate layer for
every style the other WMS-server can offer.

--
Trond Michelsen