UNC path in mapfile

Clint Johnson cjohnson at REFRACTIONS.NET
Fri Feb 3 14:01:18 EST 2006

Suggestions:

1.  Try it out with the .sid file locally to check that your issue is in
fact with UNC/Networking, and not an issue of having errors in your map
file.
2.  (long shot) Try (note dollar sign):

DATA "\\192.168.51.15\d$\arcims\sid83\2003\Ortho_1-
1_1n_s_nd035_2003_1.sid"

3.  Consider architecture issues: If your mapserver deployment is
running on linux machine and trying to access via UNC on a windows 2003
server, then there it is likely to fail (depending on your Samba version
and linux kernel) as Win2003 server (by default) uses CIFS.  CIFS is
encrypted and older version of Samba will fail to connect access it.
Not entirely sure if the inverse is also true...

4.  Try mapping the UNC share locally, and using that local share (eg
Z:\<path>) in the mapfile.

5.  Reevaluate your UNC/windows file sharing permissions under windows/IIS.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q257174/

Clint

--
Clint Johnson