MapServer 4.8-beta - single URL map layer filter

Randy How rhow at I3.COM
Sun Feb 5 19:57:11 EST 2006

I sent this before realizing that Mapserver had been released.  When I
acquire the 4.8 version I be sure to check this functionality.

Randy

  _____

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Randy How
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:39 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer 4.8-beta - single URL map layer
filter

To whom it may concern,

I don't know how to refer to these filters in the URL's query string,
there's very little to no documentation on them, as far as I can find.
These are the filters in the URL with the syntax of
&map_<map_layer_name>_filter="where=clause".

I installed the latest of FWTools1.0.0a7 with Mapserver 4.8-beta and finally
determined a functionality discrepancy with FWTools1.0.0.a3 with Mapserver
4.7 regarding multiple inline URL map layer filters.  The below URL is the
desired request, but returns an invalid response with no exception.
Additionally nothing is added to the mapserver debug log file either.

 <http://localhost:90/DataDoors/Mapserver/mapserv.exe?mapext=11.857884924>
http://localhost:90/DataDoors/Mapserver/mapserv.exe?mapext=11.857884924
41.3013689999999 13.298207236
42.5011910000002&mode=browse&map=C:\vp\www.DataDoors.net\ms_data\req_tiles.m
ap
&map_aoi_filter="request_id=2181"&map_tiles_filter="request_id=2181"&map_pro
dcov_filter="request_id=2181"

&map_aoi_filter="request_id=2181" - works by itself.
&map_tiles_filter="request_id=2181" - does not work added on, works by
itself
&map_prodcov_filter="request_id=2181" - does not work added on, works by
itself

I pointed the URL at Mapserver 4.7 and it works perfectly.  I hope this is
not a planned feature of Mapserver 4.8.

Randy How

rhow [at] i3 [dot] com