DEBUG and LOG

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Feb 6 19:45:15 EST 2006

On 2/3/06, Eric Shuman <erics at ameri-title.com> wrote:
> Need Help!!
>
> I have been trying to get some debug info for my map, but can't seem to get
> it to work.  I have just upgraded to mapserver version 4.6.1, but this
> didn't help.

Eric,

If you do "mapserv -v" does the report include:

   DEBUG=MSDEBUG

If not, it means your executable was built without debug
support disabled at compile time and there is no way to
turn it back on.  (I think)

If you are in a position to rebuild MapServer, configure
it with the --enable-debug switch to allow debug output.
You will still have to do the -all_debug 1 or similar but
at least it should turn stuff on.

PS. I hate this default setup, though for some reason I
have not actually pursued changing it.   I am careful to
enable debug in the FWTools binaries.

Best regards,