change projection through CGI parameters

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 10 23:34:38 EST 2006

Ning,

 Are you using mapserver as a CGI or via mapscript? Using mapscript
might be more flexible for this kind of task. If you're using the CGI,
it's possible to change mapfile parameters via URL:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/cgi/controls
and scroll down to "Changing map file parameters via a form or a URL"

 I haven't tried this out so you may need to adjust it but you could
try &map_projection="proj=latlong" .

Also, keep in mind that you'll have to adjust the extents of the image
since that will change with the projection.

matt

--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com