Mapserver 4.8,1 and GDAL version

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Feb 13 08:06:16 EST 2006

Sture Dingsøyr wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to upgrade my Mapserver installation on my Linux (Fedora). Have in the past done sucerssful upgrades from 4.2.3 to 4.6.2, but when i now try to compile 4.8.1 i get this error:
>
> mapogr.cpp:142:28: gdal_version.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [mapogr.o] Error 1
>
> My GDAL version is 1.2.3.
>
> Do i have to upgrade my GDAL to compile Mapserver 4.8.1?

Sture,

Yes, I'm afraid you will have to.  There is some irony that mapogr.cpp
includes gdal_version.h so that it can determine what version of GDAL is
available and work with older versions, but older versions lack
gdal_version.h!  This was introduced in approximately GDAL 1.2.6, but while
you are at it I would encourage you to upgrade to GDAL 1.3.1.

Best regards,