Problem with pasteImage() in PHP-Mapscript

Ishrar Hussain ishrarh at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 13 14:33:52 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to overlay a copyright logo on top
of my output map images that I generate with
saveImave() function in my php file. The logo is
supposed to appear at the top-right corner of every
output image, which are in PNG format.

In order to do this, I have already svaed my logo
image in PNG format. And, I decided to invoke the
pasteImage() function before I call saveImage(), to
overlay the logo on top.

But the problem is that, the pasteImage() function
only takes imageObj as its input parameter, which can
only be generated by the mapObj. So, instead of that,
I tried passing the reference generated by
imagecreatefromPNG() function of the GD library. But,
pasteImage() did not accept that reference as input.

Now, can you guys tell me what would be a better way
to overlay my copyright logo image on top of the map
images. Or, atleast tell me how to deal with
pasteImage() function in this kind of problem.

Looking forward to your early response. Thanks.

Regards,
Ishrar