having problem inserting logo in the .map file

Stephen Woodbridge swoodbridge at WHERE2GETIT.COM
Tue Feb 14 18:54:50 EST 2006

Hello Naresh,

It is best to ask these type of questions to the list as there are many
people that can offer ideas rather than just me who may or may not know
the answer.

Here is how we put on a copyright.

   LAYER
     NAME "copyright"
     STATUS DEFAULT
     TYPE POINT
     TRANSFORM OFF
     FEATURE
       POINTS
         0 0
       END
     END
     CLASS
       COLOR 0 0 0
       TEXT "© 2006 Where 2 Get It, Inc."
       LABEL
         TYPE TRUETYPE
         FONT "arial"
         SIZE 7
         POSITION LR
         BUFFER 1
         COLOR 0 0 0
         BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 255
         FORCE TRUE
         ANTIALIAS FALSE
       END
     END
   END

If yuo want to put a logo you could put your logo in a symbol definition
named something like "my_logo" and in the CLASS block add

       SYMBOL "my_logo"

Hope this helps,
   -Steve