Virtual Globe

Jørn Vegard Røsnes jorn at SPACETEC.NO
Wed Feb 15 06:20:29 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 10:10, Sebastian Albrecht wrote:
> Hi Jørn
>
> > just want to send you a hint about this 3D tool.
> > http://globe.sintef.no/
> > It's almost like Google Earth, but with WMS support.
>
> It really looks great and no installation is needed.
> But do you know how to add personal WMS servers to the globe? There
> seems to be a .vgml that already contains all layers?!

I haven't had time to play with Virtual Globe, so I don't know all the details
yet. I have some info...
You have to edit the <wms-texture-set> element in the .vgml file and make your
WMS server open for the Virtual Globe server (if you're behind a firewall).
You should contact the Virtual Globe contact person about server IP-adresse
and further details.

cheers
Jørn