Virtual Globe

Jørn Vegard Røsnes jorn at SPACETEC.NO
Wed Feb 15 09:49:33 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 15:38, Daniel wrote:
> Very interesting, but what is the license ???

The web page http://globe.sintef.no/ says:

To justify its existence and finance further development the Virtual Globe has
to generate paying projects (SINTEF is a non-profit, self owning, independent
research institute, and is dependent on income for paying our wages and
office facilities). We are interested in participating in research projects
involving distributed geographical visualization and processing and in
product development.

We have ideas for using the Virtual Globe for tourist information systems,
urban and infrastructure planning, air and surface navigation and route
planning systems, educational systems, general distribution of geographical
data, and many other kinds of information and entertainment systems.
If any of this sounds interesting please contact: Rune.Aasgaard_at_sintef.no

At this stage we do no share source code for other purposes than what is
described here.

cheers
Jørn