4.8.1 build

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Feb 15 15:58:08 EST 2006

> On 02/15/2006 10:26 AM, Gail Long wrote:
>
>> Hey folks I'm trying to rebuild all of the mapserver dependencies and
>> I'm getting .h not found errors.  The header files all seem to be in
>> place within the source dirs of the deps (png jpeg zlib iconv gd, etc)
>>
>> I didn't do make install with any of these because I don't want to
>> change my base system environment. What do I need to change to get
>> mapserver to look for the includes?  Some option to configure I'm
>> missing?
>>
>> I want to set up a multi-version build environment so that I can have
>> the current version libs, betas, and a sandbox type of lib set.
>>
>> I'm building 4.8.1 on RHE

Unless there are good reasons why you need to compile everything from
scratch, I'd suggest that you have a look at FGS:
   http://maptools.org/fgs/

It provides exactly that, a sandbox with all the dependencies that
doesn't affect any of the existing libs on your system, all precompiled
and tested for Linux and installed in a few minutes.

And if you really want to compile everything yourself in a sandbox
environment then the FGS build scripts are available, that's a little
more complicated, but you'll find some information at
http://maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=fgs-sandbox.html

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca