Strange dl("php_mapscript.so") behavior

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Thu Feb 16 10:42:11 EST 2006

Stefan, fancy seeing you over here...

Does it work with just the dl("php_mapscript.so"); line?  Since
they're my Mac packages, I just want to make nothing is wrong there.

I can't remember off the top of my head if PHP can handle single
statements in if clauses without brackets.  Just to be sure, try (or
whatever your style is with bracket placement):

if (PHP_OS == "WINNT" || PHP_OS == "WIN32") {
   dl("php_mapscript_44.dll");
} else {
   dl("php_mapscript.so");
}

Also, check the Apache and console/system logs for possible error
messages that don't don't get displayed.

On Feb 16, 2006, at 8:54 AM, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ran into a very strange thing:
>
> I run the usual code to get the mapscript library:
>
> 			if (PHP_OS == "WINNT" || PHP_OS == "WIN32")
> 			  dl("php_mapscript_44.dll");
> 			else
> 			  dl("php_mapscript.so");
>

> If my php code is correct, everything displays nicely. But once
> something is not correct - a semicolon missing, a bad syntax, etc.
> - the page stays white. As soon as I take the four lines of code
> away (especially the last one), it displays the error messages. But
> this is bad, cause then all my mapscript-related stuff won't work
> anymore...
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this is?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
>
> Stef
>
> PS: Just for the notes: I am running a Mac, with the kyngchaos
> installation packages.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.