Mapserver was and ArcGIS 9.0

Travis Kirstine GIS Tech tkirstine at JDBARNES.COM
Thu Feb 16 12:18:42 EST 2006

I have been trying to set up a wms and testing it in ArcGIS, in general
everything works fine but I have some inconsistencies in that I can't figure
out.  First, the min and max scales defined in the mapfile layer object is
not consistent with the min and max scale values in ArcGIS
My mapfile:
#local 2 test
LAYER
   DATA umap_display_data/orn_local_label
   NAME "local_label"
   METADATA
      "WMS_TITLE" "ORN Test Local Labels"
      "WMS_ABSTRACT" "ORN Local Labels"
      "WMS_EXTENT" "523500 4716500 810000 5002600"
      "WMS_SRS" "epsg:26917"
   END
   GROUP "Road Labels"
   TYPE ANNOTATION
   STATUS OFF
   MAXSCALE 100000
   MINSCALE 500
   LABELMAXSCALE 100000
   LABELMINSCALE 500
   LABELITEM "A_ST_NAME"
   CLASS
      LABEL
	   COLOR 145 15 25
	   OUTLINECOLOR  253 253 253
	   TYPE truetype
	   FONT arial
	   SIZE 8
	   ANGLE Auto
	   POSITION cc
	   MINDISTANCE 500
	   BUFFER 5
	END
   END
END

When this is displayed in ArcGIS the minscale values turn to 667 and max
values turn to 133,333.
I thought this could be a projection issue but all my data is in a zone 17n
utm nad 83 projection.

The other issue I am having is layer status.  I believe the status is
defined client side and by default on.  When I add the wms to ArcGIS some
layers have their status on some have status off with no correlation to what
is defined in the mapfile.
I've attached a copy of my .map, any help would be much appreciated

Travis Kirstine