problem with same projection for map and layer in mapfile

Jiří Mikulášek jiri.mikulasek at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 17 08:02:12 EST 2006

Hello,

I have got a mapfile with specified projection for both the whole map
and the only layer in it. Both projections are same. Mapserver then
renders a blank image. However, when I comment out the map projection
or the layer projection, the map is rendered properly. Why am I getting such
behaviour?

I know that this example is a little bit artificial and I do not have to
specify
both projections. In fact I am dealing with mapfiles with much bigger
number of layers and the mapfiles are generated on the fly. Usually
the layers are in the same projection but it may happen that they are not.
It is much easier for me to specify the projections both for the layers and
the map
and not bother about checking when projection is the same and when not.
Or do I have to check it?

This is the mapfile:

MAP
  EXTENT -654601.880000 -1154846.910000 -648383.16 -1148290.76
  UNITS meters
  SIZE 600 600
  PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:2065"
  END
  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME png
    DRIVER "GD/PNG"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    IMAGEMODE PC256
    EXTENSION "png"
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "dkm/par001"
    TYPE POLYGON
    STATUS ON
    DATA "c:\MyGisData\Trebic_DGN_Shapefile\dkm/par001"
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:2065"
    END
    CLASS
      COLOR 240 240 240
      OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    END
  END
END

I am using custom built Python Mapscript for Mapserver 4.6.1 on Windows XP.

Thank you very much.

Jirka Mikulasek