ksumap: free mapserver powered GIS data hosting

Dave Fuhry dfuhry at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 18 17:01:08 EST 2006

Allan,

   I'm not sure my scripts would help you as much as my general
methodology.  You will need to tweak Apache (and php if you use it) to
allow large file uploads, and use something like MegaUpload if you
want progress-monitored uploading.  Detect the uploaded file's type
and decompress it, then loop through all the source datafiles, loading
them into PostgreSQL/PostGIS (if you use it) and add them to the map
metadata.  You can see examples of this sort of thing at
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2004-December/006523.html
and http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/dcmms/dcmms/admin/shapefile_loader.php?rev=1.50&view=markup
and I'm sure other places.

   Much of the rest would seem to be at least partially covered by
whatever web mapping interface you adopt (or develop).

Thanks,

Dave Fuhry