WFS describeFeatureType

Brock Anderson banders at REFRACTIONS.NET
Mon Feb 20 18:03:26 EST 2006

Steve,

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  A describeFeatureType response for
the layer shown below looks like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<schema
   targetNamespace="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver"
   xmlns:ms="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver"
   xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
   xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
   xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
   elementFormDefault="qualified" version="0.1" >

  <import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
          schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengeospatial.net/gml/2.1.2/feature.xsd" />

  <element name="CRIMS_CLAM_BEDS"
           type="ms:CRIMS_CLAM_BEDSType"
           substitutionGroup="gml:_Feature" />

  <complexType name="CRIMS_CLAM_BEDSType">
    <complexContent>
      <extension base="gml:AbstractFeatureType">
        <sequence>

        </sequence>
      </extension>
    </complexContent>
  </complexType>

</schema>

I hadn't noticed before, but getFeature seems to crash mapserver when I
request the same SDE layer.  Mapserver is running in Windows, and I just
see one of those ugly memory errors.  Nothing in the apache log.  WFS
getCapabilities works.  WMS getMap requests work fine for the same SDE
layer.

Brock