Avoid querying the_geom field in Postgis - how?

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at GRID.UNEP.CH
Tue Feb 21 06:46:59 EST 2006

Hi,

does anyone know how to build a query that SELECTs all fields but not
the_geom? I have a couple of tables, holding statistical information
as well as the geospatial one. When I query the table I'd like to
query only the statistical part - not the geospatial, which is not
necessary and slows done incredibly the query. I searched a bit
within the Postgres SQL domain. It seems there is an EXCEPT
statement, but it seems that it works differently...

Thanks for any help,

Stef